Tuesday, June 29, 2021

 My Encounter With Ghosts

  I have some strange and unbelievable encounters with ghosts. I happened to see the ghosts only when they wanted to appear before me but not when I wanted to see them. Many times I tried in vain to see them.

  I had a nightmarish encounter with a ghost when I worked at a newspaper office.

  That day I was on the night shift. As soon as my shift was over, I switched off the lights and reclined on the desk. I would go home only during the day break. It was 1 AM. and I fell asleep quickly.

  Then a woman in her early twenties hugged me. Her hug was not warm and pleasant. It was very cold and suffocating. The smell of the perfume which touched my nostrils was nauseating. I thought that I was wide awake. But I was in a semi conscious state only. As her arms were tightening round my neck, her face pressing against mine,  I began to struggle to free myself from her hug. I was only feeling the touch but could not see any solid form of a human figure. I was sweating profusely. I had lost the sense of time. I did not know how long it lasted.  At last I could extricate myself from the hug of the invisible woman with great difficulty. I walked to the switch box with an unsteady gait and switched on the lights. A few colleagues who were

sleeping on the desks nearby, woke up as all the lights were on suddenly in the dead of night. They were alarmed on seeing me. My neatly combed hair was falling on my forehead, covering it completely. My shirt and trousers remained unbuttoned without my will. I was gasping for breath. One of my colleagues offered me a glass of water. I gulped down the water and composed myself gradually.

  I explained to my colleagues about my ordeal at the hands of the unseen woman.

  They concluded that it might be the ghost of a young woman with unfulfilled sexual desires. They said that such ghostly experiences were not uncommon at the office. One of them cracked a joke laced with black humour. He said he wished that the ghost of the woman in question, hugged him. 

  Near our office there was a lake, notorious for suicides, mostly of youngsters with unsatisfied desires of sex or job. The ghost of the woman who hugged me might have been one of them.

  It was the last time I fell asleep at my desk after my shift was over. I kept awake and read books or newspapers till day break when I started for home.


1 comment:

  1. your real life experiences giving us goosebumps, looking forward for new posts like this we all are here to always encourage you and support you dodappa

    ReplyDelete